Wednesday, September 19, 2012

So, what's new?

I just realized that it's been a very long time since I've posted anything here. "Why is that?" I wondered. So I went back in my mind to the time of my last post and was stunned to see how much has happened.

First, without even saying anything, the Universe blindsided me, delivering brought me "everything I didn't know I always wanted" ... a nice, sweet, kind, generous, deeply-spiritual, completely human man. I still pinch myself sometimes and wonder, just what did I do to deserve this.

His arrival was even sweeter because I didn't see it coming. Or maybe I did; okay, I did. And I did everything in my power to keep him at arm's-length. Well, suffice it so say, it didn't work, keeping him at arm's-length, that is. Every day I am so completely grateful that it didn't. 

He makes me laugh, makes my crazy, brings tears to my eyes, and loves to watch me tweak when, with a straight face, he pulls my leg, reminding me that I take myself way too seriously.  I love that he gives me space to "just be." But most important, I love that he loves me ... despite all my foible and faux pas. He loves me.   

And I love him. More than I could ever imagine. 

He loves my family. Most importantly, he loved my mom, and she loved him. Despite her occasional diminished thinking, she flirted with him and requested cheek-kisses from him when we left her room. He told me she was charming, funny.

Being with him meant I was living many hours closer to her, and able to have more visits with her before she passed in March 2012. Personally, I think she went off to play cards with my dad, grandmother and great-grandmother. They'd been shuffling the deck for a long time, waiting for her to get there. I know she was ready to go. She just wasn't ready to leave.He stood by me, with me when we said good-bye to her. Not once, but twice. 

My knight in shining armor. Tall. Strong. Steadfast. 



No comments:

Post a Comment